- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup Salvatore’s Gourmet Italian Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional, for garnish)
- Fresh basil leaves (optional, for garnish)
- Crusty bread or Italian toast, for serving
- Prepare the Tomato Sauce: In a medium-sized saucepan, heat Salvatore’s Gourmet Italian Sauce over low to medium heat. Let it simmer for about 5 minutes to enhance the flavors.
- Fry the Eggs: In a non-stick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Crack the eggs gently into the skillet, being careful not to break the yolks. Season each egg with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the Eggs in Tomato Sauce: Carefully slide the fried eggs into the simmering Italian sauce. Spoon some of the sauce over the egg whites gently, trying not to disturb the yolks. Allow the eggs to cook in the sauce for about 2-3 minutes, or until the egg whites are fully set, and the yolks are still slightly runny.
- Serve: Using a spatula, carefully transfer the tomato sauce-covered fried eggs to individual plates. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and torn fresh basil leaves for an extra burst of flavor and color.
- Enjoy: Serve the Italian-Style Tomato Sauce Fried Eggs with some crusty bread or Italian toast for a delicious and hearty breakfast. The combination of the rich tomato sauce and the creamy egg yolks will surely impress your taste buds!
Note: You can also serve this dish for lunch or dinner, perhaps with some crusty bread or a side salad. The unique and flavorful twist of combining Salvatore’s Gourmet Italian Sauce with eggs is sure to win over anyone who tries it!