- 4 large bell peppers (any color)
- 1 lb (450g) ground beef or turkey
- 1 cup cooked white or brown rice
- 1 cup Salvatore’s Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (optional, for topping)
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cut the tops off the bell peppers and remove the seeds and membranes. Rinse the peppers and set them aside.
- In a large skillet, heat some olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, and sauté until they become translucent and fragrant.
- Add the ground beef or turkey to the skillet. Cook until the meat is browned and fully cooked, breaking it up with a spoon as it cooks.
- Stir in the cooked rice, Salvatore’s Tomato Sauce, dried oregano, dried basil, paprika, salt, and black pepper. Mix well and let the filling simmer for a few minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Stuff the bell peppers with the meat and rice mixture, pressing down gently to pack the filling.
- Place the stuffed bell peppers in a baking dish. If you have any remaining tomato sauce, you can drizzle some over the top of each stuffed pepper.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until the bell peppers are tender.
- If using shredded mozzarella cheese, remove the foil from the baking dish, sprinkle the cheese over the top of each stuffed pepper, and return to the oven for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven, garnish with chopped fresh parsley, and serve hot.
Enjoy your savory and comforting Salvatore’s Stuffed Bell Peppers, perfect for a hearty dinner or special occasion!