- 1 cup Salvatore’s Gourmet Italian Sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced Italian sausage (cooked and crumbled)
- 1/2 cup roasted red bell peppers (sliced)
- 1/2 cup roasted zucchini slices
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- Fresh basil leaves (for garnish)
- Crushed red pepper flakes (optional, for added heat)
- 1 pre-made pizza dough (store-bought or homemade)
- Olive oil (for brushing the crust)
- Preheat the Oven:
- Preheat your oven to 450°F (230°C). If you have a pizza stone, place it in the oven while preheating.
- Roast the Veggies:
- Toss the sliced red bell peppers and zucchini with a drizzle of olive oil and minced garlic. Spread them on a baking sheet and roast in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes or until they become tender and slightly caramelized.
- Assemble the Pizza:
- Roll out the pizza dough on a floured surface to your desired pizza size and thickness. Alternatively, if using pre-made dough, follow the package instructions for rolling it out.
- If using pre-made dough, place it on a lightly greased or parchment-lined baking sheet. If you have a pizza peel, transfer the rolled-out dough onto it. Otherwise, you can use the baking sheet for baking.
- Spread Salvatore’s Gourmet Italian Sauce evenly over the dough, leaving a small border around the edges.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over the sauce.
- Top the pizza with the roasted veggies, crumbled Italian sausage, sliced black olives, and red onion.
- Bake the Pizza:
- Carefully transfer the assembled pizza to the preheated oven or pizza stone (if using a peel).
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until the crust is golden, and the cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.
- Garnish and Serve:
- Remove the pizza from the oven and let it cool for a minute or two.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves and a sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes if desired.
- Slice the pizza and serve it hot. Enjoy the delicious flavors of Salvatore’s Gourmet Italian Sauce combined with the savory toppings!
- If using pre-made dough, follow the package instructions for baking time and temperature.
- For a crispy crust, lightly brush the edges of the rolled-out dough with olive oil before adding the sauce and toppings.
- Feel free to customize the pizza with your favorite toppings such as mushrooms, pepperoni, or fresh herbs. This recipe serves as a base, and you can get creative with the ingredients to suit your taste!
By keeping the recipe simpler and optionally allowing the use of pre-made pizza dough, it becomes more accessible for those who may prefer a quicker and easier approach.